Gartner has voted Privileged Access Management as the number one priority for CISOs two years in a row. This trend is the result of the growing challenge brought by the proliferation of privileged credentials and the expansion of the “privilege universe” in an organisation. Virtually every cybersecurity breach today involves the exploitation of privilege credentials, which are exploited to infiltrate an IT environment and leveraged by hackers to gain access to assets, install malware, and inflict damage. Many organisations assume that password management will solve the “privilege problem”—but password vaulting is only a partial solution. Securing the “privilege universe” requires a more holistic approach.
In addition, with COVID 19 impacting business functionality globally, there has been a pressure for rapid security scalability and adoption of innovative operational models to not only survive this wave, but also prepare the business for the next one – by strengthening operational efficiency and driving security scalability.
Key points of discussion:
- The impact of COVID-19 on current cyber security and operational models.
- The risks of implementing isolated point solutions that leave dangerous gaps in protection.
- Steps to achieving rapid leaps in risk reduction and operational resilience.
- Disrupting the cyberattack chain with privileged access security controls.
- Unifying the privilege universe to drastically reduce the attack surface and meet compliance.